POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New POV-Ray page design ? : Re: New POV-Ray page design ? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 05:19:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New POV-Ray page design ?
From: Tom Melly
Date: 20 Jun 2000 06:56:57
Message: <394f4df9$1@news.povray.org>
"Simen Kvaal" <sim### [at] studentmatnatuiono> wrote in message

> I'm also sick and tired of the Comic Sans (TM) font. This font is
over-used
> and should be avoided at all cost. I must say that in this context, it
works
> better than in other places I've seen, though. There are so many good,
> freeware fonts out there, so finding something _a bit_ more original
> shouldn't be any problem.

IIRC comic sans is a default style-sheet font, hence its apparent over-use.
Where is comic sans showing up? (I can't see it anywhere, which makes me
think I'm defaulting to another font) - oh, wait, do you mean on the menu
bar?

What seems a little odd (apart from the various screen-res issues and
babe-alert raised by others), is that the style-sheet settings are embedded
in each page rather than being acquired from a separate file. This will make
modifications to the page more fiddly IMHO.

Apart from that, I quite like it dark. My only feeling is that if you are
going dark, then go black (or purple, hell, anything but brown).